Friday, September 14, 2007

No glasses for now...

I took Kenna to the Eye Dr. yesterday and what we found out is that most kids are far sighted until the age of 6 (this is why you will see kids get really close to the books that they are looking at). But because Kenna has to fluctuate from looking at her school work to looking at the white board the muscles in her eyes (which aren't fully developed) don't relax enough for her to see far away with out it being blurry. So she is not near sighted, she just needs to relax! Just kidding! =) There isn't much they can do to correct it, her eyes will just need to figure it out, unless of course it gets worse. If that happens then she will need glasses for reading her school work but not to see long distances. So the curse of her parents hasn't really hit her at a young age! Which I asked about that too and he said that just because Jay & I were nearly blind that doesn't mean any of our kids will have bad eye sight at all. So there is hope!

1 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

that gives me hope too! Anthony and I are blind as bats and I've often worried about the kids chances of good eye sight! hopefully it will all work out for Kenna not to need any extra help, but if so I'm sure she'll be a cutie patootie in glasses in this day and age. I, however, looked ridiculous in my coke bottles, just ask Bridge!!! :)