Monday, November 19, 2007

Celebrating my birthday 80's style!

So, for my 33rd birthday, my friend April threw me a birthday party 80's style! It was HILARIOUS! I think we laughed all night long...at each other. My cheeks were hurting by the end of the night because I couldn't stop laughing. We were entertained all night! The Matt's sang (or yelled) Dead or Alive, Megan reenacted the footloose dance, Stephanie tried to show us a Michael Jackson routine she did in the 80's and the rest of us made fools of ourselves in other ways. The Moffatt's made taco's and we listened to 80's music all night. Jay bought the Guitar Hero game and we dueled it out through out the night. And then of course we tried to reenact how we danced in the 80's...of course I wasn't really allowed to go to dances until 1989, so what do I know. I went as a Solid Gold Dancer (without wearing a leotard) and Jay...well...I'll let you decide. Lets just say its a good thing we met in the 90's!




I was the reigning champion in the women's division, until Jami came along!

Matt & John's duet of some Journey song, it was very touching.


This is Ruthie (April's mom) and the reason she is in this picture is because the outfit I am wearing was hers! She actually wore this thing! Thanks for letting me borrow your sweet strapless jumpsuit, Ruthie!

Like I said....Its a good thing we met in the 90's


The girls (look at Stephanie's Madonna pose...awesome!)




Hmmm...I think the guys were more disturbing looking than anything.

Megan & Matt gettin down!


April, rockin out!

They were "Wanted(wanted)....Dead or ALIVE!" sing it with me now!

Jami killed us all....Stephanie was horrible, but she entertained us the most!


Me & April playing "Hit me with your best shot"

I even beat Jay! Only once though...I think his mullet threw him off.


Thanks for the great night, my friends! You always make my birthday full of fun...What could be next?


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Heather! Looks like you had a blast. Those pictures are awesome!

Adam and Natalie said...

oh Heather! Those outfits are great! And that gold chain of Jay's just adds that extra touch. :) Happy Birthday!

HMPhillips said...

I nearly keeled over when I saw Jay with the mullet. You guys crack me up! I thought the 80's party might have been inspired by the Paula Abdul dance party, but then I remembered that Paula is totally from the early 90's so that couldn't be it...

Looks like you guys had a rad time =)

Katie Eagy said...

You all look like rockstars! We should still dress like that...not! ;o)
Jam on, superstar. Happy Birthday!

Bridgette said...

Love the sweet jumpsuit!
And Jay's mullet is definitely good for a laugh! He wears it so well!

Tara said...

What a hoot! You gotta love the 80's. It's hard to imagine anyone ever considered the mullet attractive!

Glad your birthday was great and that you've got so many friends to help you celebrate in such a fun way.

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

Those pictures are hilarious. Did Jay peg his pants? Rad!