Wednesday, March 21, 2007


Here are Jaxon and Kenna in their school uniforms. For those of you who don't about their school and why they are there, let me fill you in. They go to Foundations Academy here in Boise. It is a private, Classical Christian School and we couldn't be more pleased. As you may know, when it came time for us to send Jaxon to school we didn't like our options so we opted to home school him for Kindergarten. It went great and he learned a ton! When 1st grade rolled around and I was pregnant AGAIN, we decided to send him to the public school down the road. He was there 5 weeks and we pulled him from the school. He was so bored and depressed to be there. We visited Foundations during those 5 weeks and knew this was the place for our kids. However they didn't have room for him in their 1st grade class so the wonderful teacher supplied me with the curriculum to keep him up for the year. So back to homeschooling I went...which was fine. In the Fall we applied both Jaxon and Kenna and they both got in! We have loved EVERYTHING about it. Kenna is in half day kindergarten and is reading like a champ. Jaxon is in the 2nd grade and we are amazed at his vocabulary and desire and responsibility! We love that the teachers at Foundations genuinely love our kids, pray for them in and out of class and they truly love their jobs. I'm so impressed by the "family" atmosphere...it feels like a church body. People are so kind...which leads me to a HUGE answer to prayer that is still blessing our lives and will until the school year is over. A lady named Cindy Williams offered to bring Jaxon home from school so that I wouldn't have to drive twice a day to the school and because I have 2 little boys who are napping during pick up time this has been such a HUGE help. I don't know how I could ever repay her, she is a blessing to me. Anyway, to say the least we feel so grateful to the Lord for leading us to Foundations. I personally had hang ups about Christian schools due to my past but this school has proved all of my impressions wrong and I am thankful for that! Jay and I were just saying last night that we are so thankful for God's leading in our lives especially in this area. Sending your kids to school was a way bigger deal than I thought it would be...so here we are and we are happy to be!

1 comments:

Tara said...

Your kids are adorable and look so great in their uniforms! I am so glad that you're so happy with their school. You're right, finding the right school and teachers is a tremendous blessing! Caleb's last two teachers have been SO wonderful for him (and me), I have no doubt that he was placed with them for a reason, an answer to my neverending prayers!