Thursday, May 17, 2007

Spring Time Romance



The things I love about Spring:

1. The fact that my house doesn't look deserted anymore.
2. The kids cant wait to play outside each day, getting sunshine on their little white faces, making them look healthy again.
3. The coolness of the mornings.
4. Watching the mama robin making her nest.
5. The sound of our baby bird robins chirping in the morning.
6. The fragrance and colors of the flowers.
7. My front porch.
8. Planting flowers and watching them bloom.
9. Opening up the pool and swimming when its 80 degrees and not 110.
10. The days are longer and more is accomplished.

The spring time always reminds me of new life...the flowers the baby birds, color coming out of the brown ugliness we've seen all winter. But more than anything it makes me thankful for my new life in Christ. How my life was like a winter, dry and drab, before he became my Lord and Savior. And how kind of him to remind me of his love for me by giving me beautiful things to witness, like the spring.

I really do feel my energy come alive in the sunshine and again how that reminds me that if I walk in the Light (being Jesus Christ) I can have that energy always.

In the spring our home also comes alive. We have more people over (which I love and almost crave by this time of year), fellowshipping with those that are close to us and getting to know those we don't know so well. We BBQ a lot, feeding who ever wants to come over. We spend so much time outside that its therapeutic.

The picture below is of my front porch, one of my favorite places in the spring. Notice my beautiful hanging baskets (my Mother's Day gift). I love them! But I do hope Jay will get a drip line connected to them soon...it does get old watering them everyday! All of the other pictures below are of flowers around our property. I just wanted to share the beauty with you all!






















5 comments:

Tara said...

Gorgeous! Lots of great reasons to love spring!

Kale Family News said...

You are quite the photographer and journalist too I might add. I love to see what is happening with your sweet family, but I do confess I have been freeloading without commenting. I'll try to do better.

I laughed so hard at the cutest picture of Kenna with her Goldfinch mask. She is too adorable.

Heather said...

Kathe-Im so glad you commented! I would die with out people who communicate! =)

Adam and Natalie said...

Beautiful flowers Heather!

Bridgette said...

loveloveLOVE the clematis! I hope mine does as well as yours is doing!


PS I hear you on the drip lines....I'm working on Chad also. :)