Monday, May 19, 2008

In 48 hours

The weekends always seem to fly by. Here are a few of the things we did:




This is one of Kenna's best friends, Gracie. She wrote and illustrated a story that she turned into a writing contest on the Reading Rainbow show. She won 1st place of all the 1st graders in Idaho. Kenna was so proud of her friend! We went to the library and heard Gracie read her story to everyone. She did a fabulous job! Way to go Gracie! We are so proud of you!


Our freshly poured concrete dried and I got to set up what I like to call my sunset chairs! Its were I want to sit in the evening and watch the sunset, but until now there was a big dumb rock in my way!




Ty learned to peddle the tricycle all on his own. Around & Around & around the pool he goes...until he runs into something or someone makes him get off!
Huddy had his last soccer game. There were treats & trophies for all 5 of them!
Daisy figured out how to get water from somewhere other than her bowl.
Daddy gave Ty one of the left over jerseys and he wore it all day long. He first hugged his daddy and said "tank too, tank too daddy" and then continued to show the rest of us his jersey all day long... "my toccer earsy" he would say.
Like I said above, we had some concrete poured. I was so determined to get our hand prints in the concrete that I let Jaxon stay home from school because we only had a window of 30 minutes or so! Priorities my friends! Its not every day you get to put your families prints in the concrete! Can you tell who's hands are who? There's a prize for the winner!
We also:
  • had a date night
  • watched one of the kids babysitters run in the district track meet (she qualified for state! Good job Steph!)
  • Ate at a new restaurant (didn't like it much)
  • Went for a long walk with the kids and dog
  • swam
  • went to church
  • I sang both services at church
  • Jay went for a motorcycle ride
  • put a shade screen up outside
  • watered plants
  • picked up the trailer from storage
  • went to Lowe's
  • BBQ-ed
  • Got everyone ready to have our family pictures taken which didn't work out so we hung out at the location and then got ice cream!

PHEW!

11 comments:

April Moffatt said...

I love concrete! You don't have to water, mow, or fertilize it! Good job girl, it looks really good. Here's my guess for the hands. Left to right; Huddy,Jackson,Jay,Heather,Kenna,Ty. What do I win?
P.S. Gracie feels like a movie star because she's on the Hughes cool website! Thanks Haether, that was so sweet.

Katie Eagy said...

OK, so I was going to put the same order down as April. So my guess is - she wins. But just in case, here's a different order (left to right):

Tyson, Jaxon, Jay, Heather, Kenna and Huddy.

Sounds like you had an incredible weekend! I love the beginning of summer!!

April Moffatt said...

So I know how to spell HEATHER but I still can't find the edit button.AGGGHH!

Bridgette said...

mmmmm, yes, I'll go with April's guess also! I do really love that scalloped umbrella when it's open! Can't wait to see the bbq area soon!

Most importantly, what's the restaurant that we shouldn't visit?

Heather said...

No- you are all wrong! Guess again!

And the restaurant was Ruby River-which I had high hopes for- you know I LOVE a good steak!

Bridgette said...

kenna, jax, jay, you, huddy, ty? What's my prize? I love guessing games!!:)

Heather said...

No-your still wrong!I'll give you one more guess and then I'll have to tell you!

HMPhillips said...

Ok...I'm going with Huddy, Jax, Jay, Heather, Kenna and Ty!

Heather said...

Ok- the order from left to right is Ty, Kenna, Jay, Heather, Jax & HUddy. I win!

HMPhillips said...

haha...booooo!

Katie Eagy said...

We went to Ruby River about a week ago and DIDN'T like it either! For less money, we'll take a Texas Roadhouse steak that tastes much better! Anyway...we're with you. Thumbs down, Ruby River!