Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jamboreeeeeeeeeee

OK People! I love, love, love watching my son play football. The entire day was filled with energy....a good breakfast for the athletes, getting the pads & jersey on, heading off to the game with friends & family, parking in the BSU parking lot, walking into the stadium....(don't you have butterflies just thinking of it? I did!), climbing the bleachers and anticipating the arrival of the Meridian Maroon Cougars, a team stacked with great 9 year old boys! Screams, hollers, whooop whooop! Its game time...well, really its only a Jamboree so they only get 5 plays on offense & 5 plays on defense so it was short but very very very sweet! Jaxon had the opportunity to run the ball and he ran for about 10-12 yard....VERY EXCITING! His Uncle Chad got a great picture of him running the ball...so take it all in my friends! The cheerleader in me came BURSTING out at the sight of our team running onto the blue turf....I'm still smiling just thinking of it! When their plays were over I couldn't wait to get down to were Jax was to hear all about it (Jay totally gets the perk of being on the sideline...no fair!). When the coach was done talking with his team Jax came running over to me and gave me a big hug....that's my boy! When I asked him how he liked playing on the blue turf he said " I could get use to that!"....could we possibly have a Bronco in our future....only 9 years to wait and see....until then....GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!


Mitch, Jax & Luke before heading off to the game.
Don't ask.
Game face!
Isn't this a sweet team banner! Coach Chad loves it too!
Some of Jaxon's fans who came to watch him play! Thanks for coming y'all!
My Cougs
This is my attempt at getting the stadium behind Jax...security wouldn't let us any closer than this!....Oh well...I love the pic of Jax
Team Huddle....Jumping, Jumping, Jumping.....Go Cougars!
Offense waiting for their turns....Jax is #20
I wish you could see this picture bigger....Jax is on the left carrying the ball....look closely!


4 comments:

Tara said...

That is so exciting, Heather! You may be the only living female that loves football as much as I do.

Jaxon looks so grown up in all the gear. We're still just doing flag football here but I can definitely imagine how exciting your jamboree was for you.

Katie Eagy said...

Ryan and I can't believe it's already time for FOOTBALL again! Yaaaahh! That's one cool pic of Jaxon running on the blue.

The Brown's said...

Excellent!! You gotta just love watching your kids do whatever it is they love. I love that last picture...totally awesome...now tell me how to do that!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to watch Ben doing this someday. You must have an amazing camera or else I just don't know how to use mine...that last picture is awesome.