Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

I often think about what an amazing dad Jay is to our kids and I thank the Lord for him and for his influence in our children's lives. Jaxon aspires to be like him, Kenna worships the ground he walks on, Huddy is so proud of him and Tyson cant wait for him to walk through the door each day. What a blessed man he is to be so loved by so many people. Happy Father Day Big Daddy!


Hudson, Kenna, Jay, Ty & Jaxon
Its just a little bright out.
She's been saving this shirt for Father's day...we've had it for 3 weeks!
After the US Open was over we went down to wish Charley a Happy Father's Day too. He was in really good spirits and the kids were so happy to see him with a sparkle in his eye again. Its been such a tough 7 months for him and we continue to pray for the Lord to help him have the strength to endure whatever it is that the Lord has for him. He had surgery last Thursday and feels as though it went really well and that it is helping his pain. Praise the Lord!

He was so happy we came by. When I was taking pictures of him with the kids and Jay he started to cry and kept telling us how much he loved us. You can see the tears in his eyes in this picture if you look closely. He is such a sweet man.

You gotta love Huddy in this picture! Charley is a proud grandpa and these kids adore him! Kenna cried again when it was time to go...just because she's going to miss him so much until next time. She is so compassionate it makes my heart hurt.


I was'nt able to be with my own dad this Father's day but I did call and talk to him and I did spend some time thinking about what a great dad he is. I am so blessed to have grown up with such a loving dad who loved the Lord with all his heart. He is a humble man who serves the weak and poor and who loves his family more than anything. I love you dad. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

0 comments: