Thursday, June 14, 2007

"HELP ME LORD!"


Don't let this cute little bugger trick you...he might be wearing "undies" but that doesn't mean he's potty trained. Its times like these when I know I'm being aged right before my own eyes! I have 2 that are fully potty trained and have been for a while...didn't like training them either and 3 years later...I STILL don't like potty training. Ive tried LOTS of things so don't take this as an opportunity for you to give me some suggestions (I will punch you) =). My blood is rushing through my veins as I recall yesterdays events. It wasn't funny yesterday and its still not that funny today but I know it will be one day.
Yesterdays Events:
Huddy is attempting to wear undies. The two little boys and I did stroller strides from 9-10am...he went pee pee before and after "good boy!" and then we ran some errands. Being that I only have one brain, that really worked magnificently for one person but for 6 it tends to forget a few things, I didn't have him go for almost 2 hours. Yesterday was Jay & I's 10 year anniversary so we thought it would be fun to take the kids to Red Robin for lunch to celebrate..."milk shakes for everyone!". As we were sitting there I had this flash through my very full mind that maybe I should take Hudson to the bathroom. As I look up to ask him if he needs to go I realize by the look of shear panic on his face that he beat me to it! YIKES! I rush him to the potty but he is already soaked! I rinse out the pants as best I can and of course I don't have any extras so he walked back to the table with wet pants on. Poor guy! But then 10 minutes later we look up and he's red in the face...He's POOPING his pants! This time Jay rushed him to the bathroom but we were already too late! "Help Me LORD!". Jay ended up throwing away the under ware..."they were'nt worth saving" he said. So as quickly as we could pay our bill, we were out the door. "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY". I get home with all the kids and immediately put Huddy back on the potty after I hose him off in the shower. He pees again and poop's again! Good boy! After he does his business and flushes I take him into the bedroom to put on a pull up (its nap time and I'm done with accidents for the day). 5 minutes later I hear Jaxon yelling "sick...that's disgusting!" I enter into the bathroom that Hudson just used and the floor is covered in toilet water thanks to the littlest Hughes, Tyson, who so happily was sticking a cup into the toilet and dumping it on the floor along with shoving Jaxon's stuffed dog into the toilet. Jaxon is standing there with his dripping wet dog and I'm ready to FLIP OUT! "Kenna get Jaxon a garbage bag, that dog is going right in the trash!" Jaxon highly agreed with that! Tyson is wet from head to toe and not yet sure of what is going on. I pick Ty up to go changed his clothes after cleaning up the mess in the boys bathroom and wouldn't you know it...He's stinky too! Could this day get any better...yes, the air conditioning guy has been knocking on our door while all of this is going on... its 85 degrees in the house because our air doest work and I'm sweating like a nasty pig and you better believe that I wanted to run away!

3 comments:

-||Chad||- said...

wow...glad that didn't happen last week when we were babysitting!

-Chad

Bridgette said...

Poor Heather! I also am NOT a fan of potty training. I think someone should develop a "potty camp" where the kids go for a week and come back fully toilet trained! Isn't that a great idea? Let me know whatcha think. Maybe we could find someone to run it. :) Certainly not me.

Tara said...

I have long said that potty training is the worst thing that a parent has to do! You have ALL my sympathy!