Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hudson Killdeer!

Hudson has been waiting for this day for a long time! Kindergarten Exordium day! For weeks they have been memorizing information about a bird that they were assigned and the mommies spent time driving around the city looking for bird feather! Here is my little KILLDEER!


                                                

Waiting for the exordium to begin!  He LOVES school and I love that he loves it because he is smiling constantly!


The Afternoon Kindergarten Class!

Hudson reciting his Killdeer saying:
"Welcome, I'm Hudson Killdeer and I have two, yes, two black rings around my neck. I build my nest on the ground so if anyone gets too close to my eggs I use the old broken wing trick.  I cry "Killdeer, Killdeer" flap my wings and pretend to be hurt.  When I have led the intruder away from my nest I will suddenly fly off.  "See you later Mr. Fox!""



Mrs. Merkle and her Birds!


After the show he was still beaming!  He loved being on stage and he loved wearing his mask around school!


So proud of my little Killdeer!
While he was practicing this week, he would say it really fast and so I asked him if Mrs. Merkle told him to slow down so that people could understand him and this is what he tells me....
"No, she tells other people that, but I do it right so not me."
Sure enough...he gets up on stage and he says it slow and loud so everyone can hear him!  I think he was just saving the true performance for the stage!


Thanks daddy for letting me go to The Ambrose School!



5 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to go Hudson! Or should I say Hudson Killdeer. :) How cute! Brett just saw the pictures and said he thinks Huddy is looking so much like Jay...hmmm...?? Dunno if I agree, but he sure is stinkin cute!

P.S have you been tanning??? You look incredibly tan!

Bridgette said...

I love the killdeer mask! We just had 4 killdeer babies hatch by our yard last week, tell that to Hudson. Except I think Chad shot the dad...don't tell him that..

dykstras said...

Love the masks for all the kids! Tim was especially proud of Huddy being a bird guy himself (well, I guess he's a fish guy now, but he used to be a bird guy:)). We have a mama killdeer in our yard too every year. She's awfully anal right now w/ her babies wandering around. Good job, Hudson!

dykstras said...

The kids are totally enamored w/ this post b/c just today we snuck close to the killdeer nest w/ 2 eggs in it (and mama was going crazy so I felt badly and we left quickly:)). Then I brought them inside and read your post to them. Now they want to memorize Hudson's little schpeel. So now we're working on that:). Tell Hudson that the Dykstra kids want to be like him!!!!:)

Darlene! said...

I came across this post while looking for killdeer information, and was intrigued by the title. So I hope you don't mind if I comment.

This is such an adorable post! I love the mask, too. Looks like he had a lot of fun.