Thursday, May 27, 2010

Other End of the year activities!

It is unbelievable to me how many activities have gone on this week just to wrap things up!  All fun...but I'm wiped...and I even skipped the school picnic today and sent Jax on his own!  Here is what happened:


Ty finished his 6 week golf camp at Banbury....He loved it:




What 4 year old doesn't LOVE to ride around in a golf cart....next to the trophy that he got this was the highlight!  Oh yeah- and about the trophy....he informed me that "its not real gold...just real gold plastic"! Ha!

It was surreal to watch my baby walk out onto the course when only a short time ago I was watching Jax do the same.  Here he is being walked out by his proud daddy to his "GOLFER LESSONS".  =)


Kenna's End of the Year Party:

Always excited about a party!

Mrs. Liimakka said something sweet about each of her 2nd graders.  This is what she said about Kenna:
" Kenna-Our Big Sister!  Your kind leadership and confident contributions give others a sense of security.  You are the reliable "sister" who others can go to feeling accepted and understood.  May you continue to show the compassion and understanding that our Lord has gifted you with as you grow in His grace and understanding."

Teacher gifts!

I just have to point out Kenna's shirt...it so fits her its funny!  I LIKE DOING FUN STUFF!  Yes you do, my dear!

Since Kenna's birthday is in June she didn't have a birthday celebration during the school year so Mrs. Liimakka made sure she got her birthday spankings!  Too funny!

On to the 3rd grade she goes!  You had an AMAZING year Moo....Daddy & I are SO proud of all your hard work!


Jaxon's End of the Year Party:

It had rained all morning and I was beginning to wonder WHAT was I going to do with 20 fifth graders in my house on a rainy day when it was supposed to be a fun end of the year SWIM party!  But Praise the Lord he cleared the skies 1/2 hour before the party started and the kids swam for a few hours! 
Class picture!  They all jumped in and came out SCREAMIN'!  The water was only 64 degrees!  Brrrrr!

The boys in the  hot tub.

A little lemonade for the man of the hour.

This is what happens when 20 fifth graders invade your house! HA!  The good thing is they all leave and take their stuff with em'! They really were great kids and they had a ton of fun...that's all that matters!


Epilogos:
Epilogos is the end of the year awards ceremony.  I just love how they first preface the event with the reminder that all of the awards we receive in this life are to be set at the feet of the one true King who deserves all the glory!  Without him these accomplishments are not possible! The kids were also reminded that they are called to rejoice with those who rejoice, so they should be happy for those kids who receive awards for their excellence and that it should cause them to work hard and do their best for the glory of God! 
Jaxon made the Headmaster's List by achieving a G.P.A between 3.5 & 3.74...we aren't sure yet what his exact scores were but since he got the award we know he was somewhere in there!  Way to go Jax...my diligent fella!

Jaxon & his outstanding teacher Mrs. Rallens.  Jaxon grew as a student and as a person because of the influence of this terrific lady!  Thanks for a great year Mrs. R!


I'm just tired blogging the events! 

1 comments:

April Moffatt said...

What an awesome week! I'm so happy that you survived it:) I'm going to go take a nap now, it made me tired to just read it.