Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kenna & Anna Joy

Last night our dear friends the Timmons came over for dinner, which is not usually something I would share except for the fact that they have been in the hospital or confined to their homes since September 2009.  This picture tugs at my heart in a big way.... for one Anna Joy is a miracle baby.  When she was born she was only 1lb 13oz and today she weighs 12 pounds!  It was such a blessing to get to see her, hold her and marvel at God's great love for Angie & Noah, Anna's mom & dad.  Their lives have been....hard....and yet they both shine with the love of Jesus!  It leaves me in awe every time I see them.

The other reason I love this picture so much is because Kenna is holding Anna.  When I first told Kenna that Anna had been born and was so very small, she immediately wanted to pray for Anna.  But it didn't stop there.  Kenna prayed for Anna every day while she was in the hospital and even when she was able to come home Kenna continued to pray for her.  Every few days Kenna would check the Timmons blog to see if there were any updates on Anna and she would run to tell me if there were new pictures or updates.  I deeply admire my daughters love for other people.  Her heart of compassion amazes me daily.  She never forgets the faint hearted, the sick or those who are in need and she always acts out of compassion by praying for them.  That she didn't eventually become distracted by other things and forget about Anna and her struggles was impressive...especially for an 8 year old.  Kenna is this way because this is the gift that the Lord has given her....a compassionate heart.  I praise God for this attribute in Kenna because He has used it to show me that I desperately need to grow in this area...and who better to learn from than my sweet daughter.
Kenna SO hoped that she would get to hold Anna last night so when Angie asked her if she wanted to hold her she smiled from ear to ear and I thanked the Lord for this sweet moment that my faithful daughter was able to experience.  Kenna's other hope is that one day she will get to babysit Anna when she is older! =)
Thanks Ang & Noah for letting us be a part of your lives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, this is such a priceless moment - those darn miracle babies do it every time! So glad you guys were able to hang out (I'm a little envious)- I know it was a refreshing blessing for Ang and Noah! Its so easy to take for granted sweet fellowship with like-minded friends - their situation is a good reminder to cherish every moment while we are able! Take care! Steph

Shannon said...

Heather, this made me cry. I'm so glad you were able to hang out with the Timmons and I'm sure shower them with tons of love. It's amazing what kids can teach us huh? Encourages me to pray more too! Thanks Kenna!