Sunday, June 22, 2008

A slumber party for seven year olds

Kenna has been planning her birthday party since July 17th of 2007...it changed weekly but this is what we ended up with. A swim party, BBQ and sleepover. I had to limit the number of friends to 6 since she would most likely invite everyone she knows (I don't know who she gets this from). =) Here are some pictures from her fun day!
Here are the crazy girls in the pool!
BBQ by the pool
This is my attempt at baking and decorating a cake...I think I'll stick to decorating houses and buy the cake from the bakery!
I had to post this picture for all of you who have been praying for Kenna regarding her confidence in reading. Without anyone asking her to, she opened up the cards her friends had made her and read them out loud in front of everyone! I was SOOOOOOO proud of her and my eyes filled with tears! That was a HUGE step for her. Praise the Lord!
My bitty girl isn't so bitty anymore...sniff, sniff. We've been teasing her since she was three that we didn't want her to grow up anymore, that we wanted her to stay right where she was...now its just heart wrenching to watch her grow so fast!
Kenna picked out these extra long candles...Cooooooool
Grace, Bethany, Sarah, Avery & Emma all holding up the gifts they got Kenna.
I thought this was so cute! All these little sweeties lined up, popcorn in hand, watching a princess movie of some kind and fully enjoying themselves! It made me think of all the sleep overs that I was so excited to go to, to then call my parents at 11:00 at night cause I wanted to go home! None of these girls did that...I was impressed!
She LOVED every minute of her fun filled day and here's the grin to prove it!

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

Love the jumping shot. And your cake looks totally professional.:) I love it.

Adam and Natalie said...

I love the cake too Heather! Simple is better anyway and I think it looks very cute!

Tara said...

Throwing a birthday party for my kids and then watching the joy in their eyes is one of the most wonderful, simple pleasures of life.

I love to hear about Kenna's reading accomplishment. I definitely know what it's like to celebrate small victories that for many other children are no big deal. I always feel to fall to my knees in gratitude for answered prayers. I felt that moment for you and am so happy for both of you!