Saturday, July 5, 2008

The beloved 4th of July!

As you all know, the 4th of July is my favorite day of the year and for good reason. There's no pressure...just fun to be had! We had about 55 people over, mostly families with lots of kids, and we had a blast. We swam, played wiffle ball, we had the kids do some races, they played duck duck goose, we ate good food, talked, and let off fireworks. We had a great time! Thanks to everyone who came...this day is so fun to me because of all of you. I love the time we get to be together having fun in the yard. I'm already looking forward to next year!
My sweet American Baby!
Ty getting hosed down after peeing on the pool deck!

The BBQ Master
Moffatt's & Gould's enjoying their dinner
Get your ice cold lemonade
The boys attacking the girls in the pool.
Jaxon getting what he deserved!



SPLASH!
Em & Hud...proud owners of green water balloons.
Water FIGHT! Notice I took this picture while getting hit upside the head with a water balloon!
Jaxon showing off his water balloon toss skillzzzzzzzzzz
All the munchkins lining up for more water balloons




Adi with her grandpa Gary learning how to hit the ball
We played wiffle ball with all the kids...Super Fun!
Look at all those little kids waiting patiently for their turn.
Now its time for a little duck duck goose!
Get her Ty!





And finally I sent the kids on a chase to tackle Mr. Hughes (Jay)
They got him!
Gotta love watermelon in the 4th of July!
Look at how all the kids are either covering their eyes or their ears! And I seem to think its really funny in the picture!
Hud, Brock, Mark, Ellie & Caleb patiently waiting for the action to happen.






Sparklers
Hudson & Brock are so proud of their BIG circles
This was the best one of the night!
I love this picture because you only know there are people over there by our cool glow in the dark red, white & blue necklaces!
The Grand Finale was called High Voltage!


UNTIL NEXT YEAR.........








.

7 comments:

Bridgette said...

Cool H! Good thing you got 40-90 firework pictures from your bro!:)

I do like the glow necklace pic also.

Adam and Natalie said...

Great party Heather! One of these years we'll have to make it one!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a B*L*A*S*T!!! :)

HMPhillips said...

Looks like you guys had such a great time! I think all of us had severe depression the whole day on the 4th from not being able to be there...Until next year, see you guys in a couple of days. Oh, I do have a cute craft project that we can do while I'm there! Bridge will be so proud...

Tara said...

What a great celebration! It's great that you have so much space to be able to put on such a fun holiday party.

The watermelon picture is my favorite. I just love the look on his face.

Joyful Mama said...

Happy 4th of July! It looks like you guys had so much fun. Sorry we missed out. Have a wonderful week and thanks for encouraging me last Thursday!

Michelle said...

Heather - bummed we're always gone so we always miss your party! Looks like you had a great time! I love the watermelon picture!