Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Hudson

On July 13th my blue eyed Huddy turned 4. What a blessing he has been in my life the last 4 years. Ive learned a lot about myself being Hudson's mom...mostly that I'm a sucker for those beautiful eyes of his! Unfortunately I woke up the morning of his birthday with the flu and didn't really get to spend much of the day with him. I crawled out of bed that evening when the party began and sat on the couch watching my little guy beam while opening his presents. We had a spider man birthday party because for some reason he loves spider man....weird since he had never seen an episode until I got a DVD for him to watch just a few weeks ago! We had to cancel on most of the guest list since I was ill but we had the extended family around so it was less work for me but still fun for Huddy! Good thing my mom was here or we may have had to post pone the party another week! On the morning of his big day he came in to say hi. I told him Happy Birthday and that I couldn't believe he was finally 4. He turned to me and said "I'm not 3 any more? (long pause....fist pump) "YES!" I love the things little kids say!



Hudson Eli Hughes you are my sweet sweet boy! I love you with all my heart and I will always be thankful to the Lord for the gift you are to me. You have grown up so fast and yet I love that you still want your mommy around. I love tickling you and hearing your laugh most of all. It always makes me laugh and sometimes makes me want to cry because I know that one day your laugh wont be so childlike. I love how you randomly tell me you love me at least 10 times a day... (like when your on the potty, getting buckled in the car, playing computer.....and so on). And I love telling you stories before bed and watching your face as you anticipate what's going to happen. I pray little Huddy that you would one day grow up to be a man of God and that you would serve Him with your whole heart. I love you baby.

Love,
Mama

What do you know! A spider man car!

This was too funny! We got Hudson and electric guitar for his birthday and he strapped that thing on, got up on the hearth and rocked out for us! Look at his face! I just knew God would give me a musical child who I could sing with!

Spidy cake

And of course the Spider man jumping house! Ty played in the jumping house all day and then at the end of the day he finally looked up and noticed the philistine size spider man and ran for his life! "piderman tare me" (spider man scares me) Too FUNNY!

5 comments:

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

Happy Birthday Hudson!

Anonymous said...

Such cute professional pics, Heather!

Adam and Natalie said...

Yes, I love the pics Kam took. Your header is my fave. Happy Birthday Hudson! I loved hearing about the fist pump. Too cute.

HMPhillips said...

The picture of Huddy on the fireplace with the guitar is priceless~

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Huddy! Papa and I were so glad we could be there for your 4th birthday - even though the mommies were sick we pulled off a fun party! Love you to pieces buddy. Mamo