Sunday, September 21, 2008

3 games in one post...I cant hardly keep up!

The Cougars are 1, 1 and 1! (1win, 1loss, 1tie)
The last 3 weeks have been electric! I tell you what...I LOVE football especially when my boy's playing! Here are some highlights from the last 3 games.
These pictures are of the posters we (we being some of the mom's of boys on the team) made for the players to run through at the beginning of the game. So fun! Took me back to the good ole' poster making days at IKE. I was in my element...notice my giant footballs...hee hee!

Game #1: Lost 13 to 7...great game!

Here come the Cougars! Cant you just hear the crowd cheering!

Here is Jay calling plays for the offense...he loves it!

Jaxon waiting to attack!

Game #2: Tie (0 to 0) Defensive game if I ever saw one.

I can hardly stay seated at these things! And I'm sure Steph and Joanne are tired of sitting by what they now call the megaphone...its not the first time in my life! =)
Here are the sisters cheering for the Cougars! I think next year they will for sure sign up and were Cougar colors to cheer!
Jaxon's not easy to take down!

So focused!

The intensity!!!!

Jaxon carrying the ball. Go #20!
After the game the parents make a tunnel and the boys run through it...we hoop and holla...you know how it goes!
Game #3: WIN!!! 7-0!!!!!

It was POURING down rain but that wont keep us from rooting on our favorite team....it did however mean a trip to Rite Aid to find umbrellas! Me, Steph & Joanne! We are 3 dedicated Mama's!
Half time under the only covering around!


Look at Jay in his rain gear! These boys were soaked to the bone!
After the game Jax & Jay pose in the mud that Jaxon was tackled in multiple times. But one of the times it seriously looked like Jaxon's helmet did a canon ball into the biggest mud puddle on the field. When he got up you could only see his big white smile shining through all the mud that covered his entire face! There was a huge chunk of mud stuck in his helmet and his white pants were now a nice shade of brown! Jay was laughing at him and all his buddies were cracking up too! He got the award for dirtiest player! It was awesome!
This is after coach Chris helped Jaxon clean up a tad.
After the game...trying to take wet clothes off isn't easy!
After Jaxon got cleaned up we headed over to one of the coaches, bosses "cabin" (14,000 square feet!) to watch BSU take down Oregon! It was a fun filled day to say the least!



5 comments:

The Brown's said...

Now I am so proud of you with those posters...you know I totally appreciate a good poster :) HA!!! GO COUGARS!!

Tara said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE football season! It's perfect way to spend any fall Saturday...rain or shine!

Anonymous said...

GO JAXON GO! What fun pics of our #20. For a Cleany like Jaxon to get to dive head first into mud and love it is too funny! Can't wait to see him in action in a couple of weeks.
You are such a fun mom - making posters and yelling for your son. Believe me this is just the beginning of many years of nervous stomachs, excited anticipation, and busting out pride -- Im talking about you! Enjoy every minute - they fly by so quickly!

Katie Eagy said...

Aaahh, football season. Good stuff! You went all the way on the posters! We used to use spray paint (MUCH faster). I can't even imagine how much fun it would be to cheer on my boy playing football - soon, I hope! Heather, you look like you're having tons of fun!

The Timmons Family said...

Way to go Jaxon! So glad your having fun! Great pictures!