Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Days After

The morning after the 4th the guys saddled up and rode away for a 3 day motorcycle ride get away. They headed east and rode through Yellowstone. Here they are with their bikes and the glorious Sawtooth mountains.

The morning after mom and I cleaned up the 4th of July mess and took the rest of the day off. But the next day we met up with the other wives of the bikers and headed down town to 8th street. 9 women...13children...it was best if we kept our activities outdoors. =)

They had many meals together...just the guys

We had one meal together...just the girls
Their "Old Faithful" ...the geyser...not my dad, although he is faithful too!
Our "Old Faithful" The kids had a blast cooling off in the 100 degree weather by running through the downtown fountain.


Its always fun to see the guys ride off...what a fun thing to do together each year...but its ALWAYS good to see them come home safe and sound...and to hand the kids off to them immediately! Just kidding! Till next year!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I love the comparison pictures juxtaposed next to one another. (Do you like my big word;)? I love the sepia and I love the font you chose for 8th street! So fitting. B~

Adam and Natalie said...

I love the juxtoposition also! :) Ha, I don't even know if that's a word, I just didn't want you to think that Bridge is the only one with the big words. I am however wondering where all the kids are and how in the world all you girls were able to eat without them!

Anonymous said...

Cool array of pics

Amanda said...

The 8th street picture is awesome. Looks like you guys are having a really fun summer.

Heather said...

Nat- Bridge and I planned ahead and got babysitters...we were patting ourselves on the back for being so ahead of the game...cause come friday we needed a girls night out!!!!

Tara said...

You got some great pictures to document your adventures! Looks like fun for everyone.

Kale Family News said...

Heather Hughes you are incredibly creative and artistic with your your blogging and even more, you write from the heart. That takes a right brainedness and left brainedness. I just made those words up but, you know what I mean. Love, Kathe