Thursday, August 9, 2007

Fiesta!

This is now a once a summer event that we all look forward too...that is a swim party for "Big People". These are some of our closest friends in the world (John & April Moffatt, Chad & Stephanie Crocker, Matt & Jami York and Chad & Bridgette Phillips). All of them are gifts from the Lord and have been such a huge part of our lives over the years. Last year we had a luau theme and this year we went Fiesta style. We all pitch in and make dinner together...this year we had fajitas and homemade ice cream! It was very yummy! Its just so great to all hang out together, to have fun and not be interrupted by little people...as much as we love the little people, it is nice to hang out as adults once in a while! We Since the Fiesta ended up on Bridgette's birthday we thought it would only be right to blind fold her and make her swing at the pinata! It was that Alaskan strength that I hadn't anticipated...3 whacks and it was down! We even sang Happy Birthday to her in Spanish! Thanks for sharing your big day with us B!
The Senoritas: Steph, April, Bridge, Heather & Jami

The Hombre's: Chad C., John, Jay, Matt & Chad P


B swinging at the sombrero pinata!


This is pretty funny! I set the timer on the camera to try and get a group picture in the hot tub...well, as I was running to get into the water I slipped and took Bridgette down with me...and we got it all on film!


It worked better the 2nd time!

4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

what a fun night! and a great way to celebrate B's birthday! So glad you were able to have a fun night with just the "big" kids! i'm sure your slip was quite the show! too funny! :)

Stacey said...

I hope you have a great vacation Heather! Let me know what you think of that book. Only about 25% of it works for our family. The 25% that works for us, really works. Stay away from the sharks!

Tara said...

Ole! Mexican food? Sounds like my kind of party--I wanna come. :)

Nothing like a little kid-free time!

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

I love the pic of you slipping in the pool and the expression on bridge's face. I especially like how half of the people didn't even turn to make sure you were okay:)