Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kid Quotes

Kenna Quotes:

"Hi Sweet girl, how was your day?" I asked after she just got home from school.
"Good, but I'm DRIPPY SWEATY!" she says as she lifts her school uniform up over her head to cool off!


Kenna: "Mom, Dillan & another boy got sent to the principles office today."
Mom: "Why"
Kenna: "Cause they were BLURTIN and BLURTIN all over the place."
(when you speak out in class without raising your hand its called a Blurt)

Jaxon Quotes:

Jaxon: "Mom, were learning about the Human Body this year...its kind of gross."
Mom: "Why is it gross?"
Jaxon: "because were talking about intestines and you know the pee pee area"
Mom: "you mean the penis?"
Jaxon: "No not that, it starts with a K."
Mom: sightly confused "you mean the kidneys?"
Jaxon: "Yeah! Isn't that gross?"
Mom: TOTAL LAUGHTER BROKE OUT! And then we had to have an anatomy talk! Fun times!

Jaxon: "Then after learning about the Human Body, we read our bible passage for the day and it said NAKED two times! and everyone in the class was giggling"
Mom: "were you giggling?"
Jaxon: "Well yeah...she said Naked! But then Ms. Owings said "get your giggles out cause its in here a few more times" so we all started laughing harder!"

He says this in disbelief! It was a big day for my 8 year old boy and all this "uncomfortable talk". Again, I cracked up, in fact I'm still laughing about it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it offensive that you said "penis" to Jaxon...the technical term is "WEENIE"...please don't let this happen again.

As far as sport camera shots....it sounds like you could use a 70-200mm zoon lens. Take your shots at high shutter speeds (1/1000+) to avoid blur while they are moving....I can show you a few lenses I've read about.

-Chad

anthonyandbeth said...

don't you just love the things kids say! too cute!

Adam and Natalie said...

That is so funny Heather. Jaxon's teacher sounds like a sweet lady.

tjsing said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I was so glad to see it because I look at your blog all the time, it is so beautiful! You always make me laugh. You definitely are a talented writer!
Jessica

Tara said...

It's great that you took the time to write down their funny quotes. I always think I'll remember the funny things my kids say but never do. In fact, sometimes I want to share a funny quote with Jon when he gets home and I can't remember what they said earlier that day! They'll be able to laugh at themselves when they're older.

Glad the first day of school went well. I always have a whole range of emotions when that time comes(we don't start until next Wed.) The kids look cute in their uniforms.