Monday, August 27, 2007

It's Football Time!!!!

Can I just tell you how thrilled I am that my boy loves to play football?! I get butterflies just thinking about it! It must be the cheerleader in me that gets so excited! And this year I have reason to be even more excited because Jay is coaching Jaxon's team! Talk about being nervous. Now I'm not just nervous for Jaxon, Im nervous for Jay too! Anyway...the boys had their Jamboree on Saturday and it was SOOOOOOO exciting. Since Jay is the coach he felt it was best to play Jaxon on defense for the first go around. You don't want to start the season off with parents being mad at you because you play your son at Quarterback (which Jaxon could easily play...if Jay wont say it, I will!). So we really weren't expecting much action for him other than pulling flags. But low and behold...the last play of the game Jaxon intercepts the ball and runs for a touch down! WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! Yes, I was a screamin! Our offense scored 2 touchdowns and our defense intercepted the ball twice to score two more touchdowns. We won 4-0 (its flag, they don't keep score, just how many times you scored). Jay was thrilled. Nothing like getting the first game over with. Hopefully this year will see more action than last. Also, Mark Gould (a good friend we go to church with) is Jay's assistant coach, so we have fun watching him interact with the kids too. Lets go Sabertooths! (its kind of hard to say but our sponsor is an orthodontist)! If any of you want a schedule let me know! I LOVE FOOTBALL!


I can say that up until last year this was something I never knew I would have to do...boil a mouth guard and help my kid press it into his mouth. Thank goodness for directions.

Here's Jaxon waiting in line for pictures before the Jamboree.


Here is part of Jaxon & Jay's fan club...the other fan is behind the camera! =)

I know you cant see anything here but Jaxon's team is red and he is playing defense. I wasn't willing to give up the shade I was sitting in to get good pictures...Hud & Ty wouldn't have tolerated that well!

But I did just buy a stand for my camera so that I can get better pictures come game time...so check back later for action packed pictures!


Here is Jaxon with his defensive coach Mark. He must be doing something right...defense scored twice!! HOOT HOOT!

3 comments:

HMPhillips said...

That's awesome! Man, in some of your pictures I hardly recognise Huddy...he's turned into such a little blondie!

Bridgette said...

Yay for Jaxon! I hope this year of football will be more fun than the last one for him. :)Keep us posted on the game days!

anthonyandbeth said...

Wow! Football! He's going to have so much fun! ...and the rest of you will probably have just as much fun if not more going to the games!