Wednesday, August 1, 2007

More books!

4 of these are books that I really enjoyed from our book club this last year the others are books I recommend for kids and parenting. All are worth reading! They are not in any specific order.
(**book club books)


** A fantastic marriage book that every married couple should read.

This was my favorite parenting book of the year! It has so much application for anyone training toddlers all the way up to pre-teens. I love Gingers sense of humor in this book. I laughed the whole way through it...and even cried in a few area's (area's I knew I had let go in my own parenting). If you have read "Shepharding a Childs Heart" by Tedd Tripp you need to read this book. She expands more on the same principles but gives WAY more application!

** A great Novel about the story of a prostitute and how she finds redemption through Christ. It pulls you in immediately and often you find yourself relating to her issues. An easy read...I read it in 3 days!
**This book was right up my ally! I love anything related to personality types and this one was great! It talks about your personality type in your extended family and how you have been effected by other personality types in your family. It was very interesting!



**This book was SO encouraging! Randy Alcorn does a fantastic job describing what Heaven might be like based on what the bible says. If you know you have been saved by the blood of Jesus Christ you should read this book...it will make you long for Heaven and being in God's perfect place. If you are unsure of your salvation you should read this book...it will make you think about life after death. The book is a bit repetitive in some area's so I did some skimming. I do know that they came out with a more condensed version of this book so that it wasn't so wordy and lengthy. I would like to read that one so that it doesn't feel like a brain over load!


Jay and I both loved Heaven so when Alcorn came out with one for Kids we snatched it up right away. Jay reads it to the kids once in a while and it always makes the kids start to think about important issues and they ask GREAT questions during these times. I wish I would have known these things as a kid!


0 comments: